PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DURATION IS 16 HOURS
The OpenVMS Fundamentals Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) course teaches you how to use DCL, the OpenVMS command language interpreter, to create, manipulate, and manage files and directories. The training discusses how to tailor your environment using logical names and symbols. Finally, the training teaches you how to develop basic command procedures and how to tailor your login sessions.
This training is the first course in the OpenVMS curriculum and assumes that you have no previous experience using an OpenVMS system.
The content of this web based training is the same as taught in the instructor-led version of this course (u3716s). This training is based on OpenVMS Version 8.x.
This self-paced training includes an OpenVMS simulated environment where you can practice what you have learned in this training. An exciting follow-on component of this training is the opportunity for you to access the HP Virtual Lab environment for hands-on lab activity using actual OpenVMS equipment. We will have scheduled lab times on a monthly basis and we will have an OpenVMS Expert available to answer your OpenVMS questions. We recommend that you complete this self-paced training before you use the HP Virtual Lab.
For a demonstration of our Interactive Distance Learning please click here
To view this course you will need the following:
- A Pentium II, 256 MB RAM with a processor speed greater than or equal to 300 MHZ
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher or Firefox 2 or higher
- Windows versions supported: 2000/XP/2003/XP64
- Flash Player (9 or higher)
- A monitor with minimum screen resolution 1024x768, with high or medium color.
- A sound card, and either speakers or headphones (for multi-media audio).
- Internet bandwidth of 256K or faster. Broadband internet access is recommended.
To order this class please call the HP Education UK sales team on 01344 363311
Did you know you can reserve places on this course whilst you seek approval.