This 4-day hands-on course covers mass deployment of ESX Server hosts using scripted installation, configuration and use of VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB), VMware Updated Manager and security features. The course conveys skills for management of ESX Server hosts using local CLI utilities, Troubleshooting tips are presented throughout. The course has been updated to reflect ESX Server 3.5 and VirtualCenter 2.5, and focuses on ESX Server 3.5 rather than ESX Server 3.
· Perform scripted installations
· Learn specific commands used to administer an ESX server
· Understand and configure Virtual Infrastructure security
· Monitor Virtual Infrastructure
· Configure and implement VMware High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler DRS), Consolidated Backup, and Updated Manager
· Perform fault analysis on Virtual Infrastructure components