|The fact is, most Return On IT investment (ROIT) calculations are based on what the new technology can do and NOT on what the organisation’s PEOPLE will do with the new technology.
People Readiness is HP’s approach to helping your personnel get ready to adapt to IT related change and realize the business benefits on offer:
- Getting your people ready to do business (end users)
- Getting your people ready to support the business (IT professionals)
Many organizations feel trepidation at the prospect of yet another IT rollout:
- Desktop Migration
- New/upgraded Servicedesk application
- ITSM implementation
- New IP telephony system
- New/upgraded in-house bespoke application
- Managed print service implementation
Will the systems stay up? Will the Service-desk “drown” in a high volume of calls? Will end users be able to continue doing their jobs?
In short, will the business continue to function? Can you still take orders, raise invoices and keep your customers happy?
In the vast majority of cases, the above issues are caused by personnel not possessing the relevant knowledge and skills for them to realize the business benefits offered by the new technology.
People Readiness is the execution of a process and not a one-off event.
If you want real Business Continuity then protect your people productivity and not just systems availability.
Each People Readiness solution will be tailored to meet the needs of each customer but will typically be formulated from the following components, where applicable:
- Pre-project workshop to lay the basis for data gathering, analysis and solution design
Management of Change
- Ensure that personnel are aware of upcoming changes, are “bought-in” and are motivated to work with the new tools and processes
- Creation of communication plans and material
- Provide platforms for information, feedback and knowledge sharing
Training Needs Analysis
- Job role definition and skill profiling
Learning solution design
- Ensure solution meets business needs and delivery model is appropriate for customer learning culture and demographics
- Maximise success by using tailored content taking into account specific needs and goals
Conventional classroom delivery
- At customer site or HP Education Centre
- Where appropriate, take advantage of cost saving opportunities for delivery to geographically dispersed audiences
- Allow HP to mobilize and prepare customer trainers for delivery to their peers and colleagues
Self-paced online content
Performance and Support
Evaluation and measuring effectiveness
- Training evaluation and data analysis
Project management and quality management
- HP’s Global Method for Project Management: Methodology and tools for project definition, planning, management, communication and reporting
HP has over 30 years experience in helping our customers get ready for IT related change.
If you would like to discuss HP’s People Readiness approach and how it could help you, then call us on 01344 363311.